Highland, Illinois is a dynamic rural town located about 30 miles east of St. Louis, MO. The City of Highland has a long history of being a progressive municipality, successfully blending industry within a small town atmosphere.
Highland has the unique strengths and assets that will help your business thrive — we have the resources that you demand and the opportunities available for your business to succeed. We have a supportive, business-friendly environment, open roadways/easy commutes, our own electrical distribution system with competitive electric rates, and a strong labor force.
Other benefits included:
- A cost of living that is 8% lower than the U.S. average
- Strong city owned fiber network
- Several business incentives
- Nearby Scott Air Force Base offering an array of quality employment and unique resources
- Multiple recreational and cultural activities
- Superior educational opportunities
- New healthcare medical campus
Come grow your business in Highland: a great safe place to live, work and play!