Start a Business
The city can assist you when you are looking to start your business in Highland. Highland has many avenues at its fingertips to help your business flourish. The city can facilitate the following resources to help your business be successful:
- Business Plan Review
- Business District Funding Assistance
- TIF District Funding Assistance
- Economic Incentives:
- Job creation credit
- Sales tax rebate
- Property tax rebate
- Energy usage review
- Safety review
- Fire pre-planning
- Highland Entrepreneurship Program – Business mentoring program for local startup and existing businesses
- Local business network
- High speed fiber optic services
- SCORE – a nonprofit association that provides counseling, mentoring and training for startup businesses as well as small businesses hoping to expand.
In addition the city has access to many other agencies that may be of assistance.
Please contact the city for further information.
Mark Latham, City Manager