Highland has a highly trained workforce. We instill in our workers the knowledge and skills necessary to give businesses an advantage in their industry. Our programs are comprehensive, including training programs for employers as well as employees and workers. Be it for refreshing of skills or learning new skills, your training needs are covered locally.
- Job Training and Economic Development (JTED) Grant Program assists low-wage, low-skill workers as well as unemployed, disadvantaged individuals learn the skills necessary to secure employment and advance their careers. This program provides grants to not-for-profit community-based organizations (CBOs), which work with small local businesses to train and provide ongoing support.
Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA) provides training programs to economically disadvantaged youth and adults, and to eligible workers who are displaced due to plant closings, layoff or technological changes in their occupation. This program provides employees who are prescreened, responsible, motivated to succeed, and ready and willing to work; thus saving employers the expense of having to advertise and screen applicants.
- Madison County Employment and Training Department provides support through their Business Service Team providing the following services:
* Recruitment Assistance
* Job Fair/Hiring Event Coordination
* Job Tax Credits
* Labor Market Information
* Incumbent Worker and On The Job Training
* Layoff/Plant Closure Support
* Assessment Testing
* Electronic Interviewing
In addition most local colleges also have programs available to assist local companies.
For more information contact:
Mark Latham, City Manager